2.9.06

Scheming

Having the morals that I do and being raised the way I was, I've never really done anything horrible. No bank robberies or late night murders. No jewlery heists or risky mafia relations. But I realized recently that I have a rather odd quirk in my thinking, and that just because I personally would never do something doesn't prevent me from thinking about it. Ever since I was a little kid, I I'm always thinking up new ways to steal or be illegal without being caught. Its not something I do on purpose, it just happens. It really caught my attention the other day when I was in the mall, and I thought "this would be a great way to steal shoes." When I was little I came up with a way to send free mail. No postage necessary. Just the other day my friend needed a way to convince his mom to get new batteries for his phone. So I found a way for him to make her use it without realizing it, figuring she'd soon get frustrated with its short life span and buy new batteries. Once, inline at the movie theater, I told my friend "this would be a good place to mug people." Unfortunately, the lady ahead of us in line turned around and said, "oh, are you thinking of changing your profession?" So I couldn't actually try it out. But there are situations all the time where I think, how easy would it be to cheat the system here. We may talk about what a horrible world this has become, where you can't trust anyone, and what a cynical view we have of other people. And yet if you really look at it, we trust that people are doing the right thing everyday. Without trust, our whole society would fall apart. Sometimes I wonder why I have these random thoughts. Is it a rebellion against the order of my world? Is it a subconcious outlet for frustration against all the societal expectations? Maybe its just another expression of creativity. Maybe I'm just crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with you, but I must say I like how you think. It makes you an interesting person, and who doesn't like to be interesting?