29.9.06

Puzzle person

I am a bit of the big picture type. I have to see how everything fits together before I'm willing to go forward. In math, I have to understand what I'm doing and why, and then I'll do my homework. I want to know how things work. Its not enought to say, you turn the knob and the door opens. I know that turning the knob draws back the bolt which lines up with the hollow in the door, preventing it from opening. I have this burning desire to know why people act the way that they do. I also hate to get my hopes up for something that falls through, or doesn't come out as planned. At least if I can see what it really is, I can plan on it. And even though I'm impatient and don't like waiting, its nice to know how long the wait is, so you can resign yourself to it. For instance, my brother gets back in April, and that feels like a horribly long time to me, but I'm resigned. Every so often a situation requires that I place my trust in whoever's in charge and let them reveal a little tiny piece at a time. Thats rather hard for me. I may do fine with that logical succession crap when I'm doing math problems, but even then, I know where I'm going. I go step by step in chemistry, but usually they will tell you the goal of your experiment, whether or not its supposed to smell, change colors, and explode. I hate not knowing where the road is heading.

I'm getting tired, and have been since 11:30. Thats like 3 hours earlied that usual. Maybe I'm almost normal...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perhaps if you slept once in a while, you'd be less tired. But who wants to sleep?