21.9.06

Happiness is relative

I'm one of those people who tends to imagine almost every possible scenario in great detail. I'll play out conversations, reactions, movements, expressions, everything, in my head when thinking about an upcoming confrontation that worries me. But then, of course, once you actually get there, real life tends to be quite a bit different than the way you imagined it. Rather less dramatic, if you ask my opinion.

I'm taking a poll. Does anyone else think I use the word "exciting" more often than it deserves?

Today is a good day. The sky is overcast (which I like because I'm weird) I overslept and so missed my first class (which I didn't want to go to) I'm not as tired as I ought to be (considering my lack of sleep the past week) and I'm so overwhelmed by the number of people that I need to find and talk to that I just flat don't know what to do (this is good -- it means I have friends). Also, for those of you who didn't know, The Office, season 3, premiers tonight. I'm a little bit giddy.

I like nice guys. That is all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Booyakasha for missed class!

I think that if too many things are exciting... they lose their "better than average" value. Pretty soon they are just mundane. And then if you actually encounter something exciting, how are you supposed to describe it?

"That's absolutely fantastical!!1!"

Anonymous said...

You do use the word "exciting" a lot, but then again, doesn't everyone have a word? In my junior year of high school I went through a "groovy" stage. I confess it. It was horrible.

Unknown said...

I don't think you use "exciting" too much, but I probably use it more than you so I'm biased. Your blog is exciting!!!LOL