13.8.06
Running out the clock
With less than a week left in the Summer Term, I'm finally starting to realize that its almost over. I have one more day of class, and then its finals, and I go home. I'll be back in a couple weeks, its true. But it won't be the same. I'm not coming back to the same thing. I'll be moving into a new housing complex, starting a new schedule with actual classes in it instead of the nice laid back summer stuff. I'll have new roommates. My friends are all scattering. Campus will be full again, and completely overrun by all the frosh. (Quick poll -- who actually calls them frosh?) I'm excited for fall, but I'm also sad that summer is coming to an end. Its been fun. I'm not going to lie, I'm excited to be moving on in the fall. But this summer has been awesome, in so many senses of the word. I feel like I've grown and changed so much. I've made a completely new group of wonderful friends. My classes have been pretty easy, but of the "life enriching" variety. For the first time in my life I've partied almost every single night. I've done some of the craziest things, stuff I never would have predicted myself doing. I've laughed and screamed and gone crazy, watched every half decent movie in theaters for a dollar, gone to Dennys at 3:00 in the morning, gotten soaked in the rain, stayed up watching a fire die till 6 in the morning, played Nertz till my brain hurt, juggled bowling and Egyptian Rat Screw, seen someone really and honestly fall asleep with their eyes open, and never felt like I was in the wrong place. So here's to us and the summer of 2006.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said.
Post a Comment