16.8.06

The Long Awaited

"Alone with my life"

I am lost
in a swirl of color,
images flashing
with the darting of eyes.
Up is down,
and down looks right.
Turn me over,
I am sliding
on the glass.

Her eyes are upon me.
She wants me to speak,
pleads in her silence
for help.
From her dark world
she reaches up,
grasping for light.
But she’s standing on straws,
and my hand is mist.

The circle shifts
as a new speaker begins
and we fall to awkward silence
with our eyes down.
Speak, man-child.
Lay bare our emotions
and strip away our lies.
I will cross my arms
and lean away
to lock you out.

Now my eyes are fire
burning out
through two holes.
in the mask I made myself.
Watch for my fall;
there will be no sound.
I try to breathe
and the sand rushes in.
Already my body lies beneath.
There is no room
to scream.

2 comments:

Emily said...

oooh. i like

Anonymous said...

Skippy I think you are the most optimistic person I know.