12.8.06

Brainwaves are funny

My stories never come out as funny to other people as I think they ought to be. I mean, obviously to me they're hilarious. Otherwise I wouldn't be telling them. And I always feel like if people really understood what I was saying, they'd be laughing right along with me. Heck, I'd have people falling off their chairs and rolling around on the floor till they cracked a few ribs. Unfortunately, I think some of it gets lost in the communication. I don't think I have the gift of stating things humorously, or of conveying the proper emotion to people.

There are a few people who always know what I'm talking about, and always get my jokes and stories. I often say I "share brainwaves" with such people. Talking to them can be hilarious, because I don't actually have to speak coherently, or make logical jumps. Some people can just follow all the jumps. Its pretty exciting. Almost liberating, in a way. Freedom from the restraints of always having to spell out how to get from A to B and from their to C. Much better to simply be able to carry on a conversation with fragments that can jump B Q X S J M T O S. Or something even more random.

Maybe someday I'll learn to be funny. Until then, thanks everyone for bearing with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a bear? Get it, "bearing with me"? Dang it, that was my attempt at being funny. I think you're better off than me, so no worries.

Emily said...

so can i share your brainwaves?

Jeniakai said...

hmmm what do you think? or better yet, what am I thinking :P