I am a chronic hiccuper. I suppose I don't get them that often, probably a few times a month. But when I do, they'll come back four or five times in a day. And I have trouble getting rid of them with all the normal ploys. Over the years I've accumulated quite a few tips. Hold your breath. Breath steadily. Eat peanut butter or a spoonful of sugar. Drink water quickly / through a papertowel / upside down. Based on my experience, this is my advice.
1.) Eat the sugar. Yes, it really works. No, its not just because I like sugar and want to be hyper.
2.) Drink small sips of water at regular intervals of a couple seconds until you've drained the glass. Try not to swallow air, as this will only aggravate your condition.
3.) Drink water upside down. Some of you probably thought I was kidding before. This is like the fail-safe of all hiccup removers. It always works, and believe it or not, it is physically possible. You look a little bit ridiculous, its true, but once you've mastered the skill tell anyone who laughs you'd like to seem them try and drink water upside down. 9 times out of 10 they can't do it.
For those of you wondering, yes I have hiccups right now, and no, I will not drink water upside down for you.
2.8.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh...I was kinda hoping you would.
trust me kleenex tastes bad.
Odd, I've never heard the sugar suggestion. But I'm interested:
When drinking water upside down, how do you physically orient yourself? I would always just kinda lean over and turn my head around as far as possible. But I had a friend who had to lie over a bed/ couch/ cliff, and pour it in..
I generally just bend over and drink the water. No head turning or cliffs involved.
do it...
Post a Comment