13.8.06

In loving memory, the popped tire

Today while going through old school papers to burn, I came across some snatches of writing I'd done back last fall in my freshman writing class. This Strong Bad impression made me laugh. Now keep in mind, I'm not very good at impersonating SB, and I just did it in class one day, so its not really very finished. But here it is, with a few minor alterations. Oh, and the speech was supposed to be a parody of the Gettysburg Address. Just try and imagine Strong Bad saying it, and everything will be great.

Dear Strongbad,
What's the story of Strongbadia? Have you ever fought any wars there?
Sincerely,
Mike, Idaho

Well Mike I-dah-hoe. It just so happens that there was a war in Strongbadia. The Great and Terrible War of the Undercooked Pancake. But, as I'm sure is pretty obvious, all the forces of that oaf, Homestar Runner, and his sad excuse for an army, were no match for the prowess of the resplendent Strongbadian president, Strong Bad. And of course, his chief general, his main man teh Cheat. We totally trashed 'em. Like, pow. And then I got to make this great speech and all. You know, to the brave survivors of the war. It was actually pretty good. Oh wait, wait. The Cheat's got a recording here somewhere...

A few years, and a, couple o' smashed cans ago, I , Strong Bad, the presidente magnificado of Strongbadia, and my comerade in conspiracy, the Cheat, founded this country of Strongbadia, as mighty fortress against the oppressive... un-coolness... of the rest of this, um, place. That coolness was proved by our total awesomeness in the Great and Terrible War of the Undercooked Pancake. Today, we gather to commemorate that awesomeness, and the brave sacrifices made by some of our members. The popped tire, our hearts go out to you.

1 comment:

Emily said...

you have a thing for pancakes don't you?