2.10.06

De-stagnation??

I never manage to actually write posts when I initially have the thoughts that prompt them. I usually end up forgetting them before I can get around to writing. Which is probably good for you, because otherwise you'd get sick of hearing about every random thought that comes into my head. I don't normally end up writing until late at night. I think the reason for this is because 2 o clock in the morning is when everyone else has finally gone to bed and there are no other demands on my time but sleep, and sleep can easily be put off.

I discovered recently that when I'm thinking about and helping other people I am really quite happy. Its when I start thinking about myself and worrying about me and mine and my life and why it sucks and why I'm a horrible person that I start getting messed up.

Recently I've started changing a lot of things in my life. A lot of things have come into focus. I've fixed a lot of broken things. Its certainly not instantaneous though. It's a process. I'm going to have to keep working on it for a while. As in I'll probably be finding things to work on for the rest of my life. But thats good. It avoids stagnation. Stagnation, by the way, is an awesome word, but I've never heard it used out of the book I got it from. I hate stagnation. In friendships, in projects, in life.

Ganesh the friendly elephant headed god that removes obstacles from the path of those that pray to him is still my favorite.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate de-stagnation. It is boring and awful. It is a great time to be accomplishing things! Let's think about people Jen!

jules said...

I know what you mean about the random ideas. I recently decided to put thoughts / things I hear in voice memos on my phone. I'm already collecting great stuff!

Yay for progress!

Anonymous said...

I never did answer your Facebook question--no, people won't be notified when you delete them. Though, their friend count will go down, and if they're anything near obsessive they will notice the difference and they WILL search their friend list to see who deleted them. It's just a risk you'll have to take. I do.