30.10.06

The coming of not so good

I've actually been having... sleeping problems. I know, unbelievable, right? Yesterday I woke up two hours early and could not go back to sleep. Today I actually woke up when my alarm went off. I didn't get up immediately, but I was concious of every minute between my alarm and when I did.

Time is stretching out. Everything that should be whizzing past is instead parading stately by asking for inspection. I read a novel and the pages fly by while the clock just ticks. I fall asleep in class, and wake to see that moments, not hours, have passed. I'm cramming an eternity of fidgets and fright into the space of a day.

Yesterday I must have passed at least 4 or 5 people I swear I've never seen before in my life who waved, smiled, or otherwise greeted me in a warm, friendly fashion. As if I didn't have enough conspiracy theory on my hands of late. Now people I knew before that brainwashing wiped out my memory are coming back. The itching is going to start very soon... I can feel it.

I don't know man, all I can say is, why all the secrets? Why can't we just be honest with each other? Isn't that what friends do? Tell each other the truth?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I feel like time is moving swiftly these days. We're already in the middle of week nine of this semester. Before we know it we'll all be home for Christmas break, away from this horrid place that chills our very bones.

jules said...

I think that to be totally honest, one has to have an unchanging view of absolute self worth. >_>

Ahem... it's hard when words hurt and others want them spoken.

Unknown said...

Maybe the secret thing is just part of the conspiracy. You know, the world's really ganged up on you. Just kidding, Jenny....maybe it's not supposed to be a secret, they just don't feel like talking about it. Secrets can only be shared when person starts, or no secrets are shared.