I went from almost feeling bad because I was updating this blog everday, to updating about twice a week... and now I guess I feel almost like a hypocrite, for getting people to join, and telling them they ought to post, and then not even doing it myself. Its not that I forget about blogging. On the contrary, I usually go to my blog several times a day, and from their I link to other people's blogs. I have a little system worked out of who links to who so that I can get most of the way around without ever coming back to mine. I'm a much more faithful commentor than poster. So does that make me a leech? (Jules is probably shaking is head now for my having missused yet another technical computery word) So I dunno... maybe I'll start posting again.
I had a strange dream last night. Well, my dreams are pretty much always strange, just usually I don't remember them. I actually got violent in my last dream though... I've never attacked anyone up in real life, and as far as I know, I've never dreamed about it either. Its just not really me. And plus, I'm usually the one running away as fast as I can from people who don't like me very much. There was also a kind in my dream. Except the king was my dad, although I wasn't a princess, and this might have been my first time seeing him, and come to think of it I don't think that in the dream he was my dad. Either way, he didn't want to talk to me. There was a really long orange tent too. Not sure what that was about.
Of all the songs to get stuck in your head, why Build Me Up Buttercup?
Ever been mixed up about something and wonder if you were just thinking about it too much, or if you really were uncomfortable about it? Maybe if you went a head and did it, everything would be fine. But what if you weren't supposed to do it afterall? Then again, is there really one correct option? Maybe either way could turn out well. Isn't there some merit of trying something without being entirely sure whether or not its going to work? Or is that going to just cause you needless pain? I mean, on the one hand, if you waited to ride a bike until you were 100% sure that it was going to work, you'd never do it, because nobody gets it right the first time. Its a learning process. On the other hand, if you try to launch a satellite into space before you're sure you know what you're doing, there's a very very good chance that not only is it not going to work, but its going to blow up pretty spectacularly, and take you along with it. I read a quote once that said something to the effect of if everyone waited to act until they were sure no one could find fault with them, nothing would ever get done. Are we honestly ever going to have that perfect day, where there is absolutely nothing we could possibly have done better? Its easy enough to say we ought to be more willing to take risks, and mess up. But you don't want to be stupid, you do want to be reasonably confident, but how is one to define "reasonably confident"? On the other hand, what good is worrying doing us? Sometimes I think we all just need to have more confidence in ourselves. If we think things through carefully, and make a decision based on our best understanding, what more can we really do? If we think that's what ought to be done, then we ought to do it, and have faith in ourselves. Follow that path, recognizing that you might have made a mistake, and be willing to reevaluate and take a new path if this one starts to look wrong. No, you can never go back to that fork in the road, you can't go back in life. But you may find other forks that will take you the way you want to go. You can't hesitate at a crossroads for very long. Time doesn't stop just for you. And sooner or later, your very indecision will force your hand.
9.10.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't think I've attacked anyone in a dream before, either.
I love Build me up Buttercup! It makes me laugh. Come home and we can blast it forever. The problem with making decisions is that you don't always know what the outcome will be, and sometimes you know you are going to mess up no matter what, so you logically can't make a decision and then be fine about it. As long as you're fine with messing up occasionally (something I need to work on), everything should work out okay for us.
Post a Comment