I changed the format on my blog (obviously). I don't know... I kinda like it. The last one was just so... blue. It was starting to really get to me. Somehow I knew it just had to stop, before I ended up like the woman in "The Yellow Wallpaper."
I ate Jigglers today. I haven't had jigglers since I was probably about 10. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to make shapes out of jello. I'd have to say the mad witch with a chainsaw was probably my favorite. On the other hand, I'd also forgotten that eating that much jello makes me sick. I felt like Calvin eating hamburger casserole: the trick is to supress the gag reflex.
Today's word of wisdom? Never try and legitimize an overly excited bald mexican clown with a halo of lime green curls.
I saw The Illusionist today. I thought it was quite well done. It even all made sense. Right up until the last 2 minutes of the movie, when I suddenly realized the plot was horribly convoluted. I think I've got it mostly sorted out now. A second viewing would probably set everything straight. It does raise a lot of questions about omniscience. The story is supposedly being told by the inspector, and yet it still shows a lot of things that the inspector could not possibly have known about. So are we actually meant to take everything we see on faith as truth, or ought we to question what we are shown?
Someday I think I'm going to keep a log of all my activities, just to see where all my time goes. Maybe I'll finally solve the mystery of where all my time goes at night.
So I've been working on this poem the last couple of days. The funny thing is, its not really much of a poem, more of just a jumbled attempt to convey an idea. But I think it could be a poem, with some substantial revision. I'm really going to try and finish it. I have a bad habit of starting things and then not finishing them. Take my last short story for example. It's one scene short of completion, and has been for the past 2 months. I haven't touched it once. And yet I want to finish it, because I promised to show it to half a dozen people when it was done. I'm actually rather proud of most of it. Its better than my previous story attempts. Oh, and I guess the ending needs some redrafting. I'd just tacked on a new ending when I stopped working on it. I'd really like to start writing more, I just don't seem to have enough time. Of course, if I took all the time I spent floating around online and instead turned it to some worthwile pursuit, like writing, I'd probably have enough time. Of course, if I actually started being responsible, I'd have to start doing my homework. I sat in the library for almost two hours today without cracking a book. I worked on some other stuff, just no homework. And speaking of books, I need to start reading again. I didn't read a single book over my last break, which is really unusual. I'm starting to feel it now though. This itching inside my mind and in the backs of my hands. I came so close today to checking one out, but I told myself I ought to finish Mostly Harmless first, and that I had homework I ought to be doing first anyway. But it would be nice... reading is a bit of a luxury at times.
14.10.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jen...I don't like your format...it's too white. We should go to the library for books! Knowledge is power...and books are fun.
Post a Comment