I'm in the Phoenix airport, woohoo! They have a free internet connection, I never knew. Actually, I don't come to this airport very often. as in ever. The man next to me has spotted cowboy boots. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
I got into a bit of a writing mood today. I just had a couple of thoughts strike me as really funny, and for once I wrote them down. I've been thinking of starting some sort of space to put writing, hoping that it would encourage me to write more often. Unfortunately, it would probably be first drafts of things, and therefore not worthy to see the light of day, much less the open void and exposure of the internet. I brought a lot of homework to do on this trip, but mostly I've slept. I did start The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. I have to read it for my english class, but I really think I'm going to like it. The protagonist seems appropriately messed up in the head.
Whoever just walked by behind me was wearing a cologne with a very familiar scent.
I cannot shake the feeling that there is something I ought to be remembering right now, but cannot.
I finished The Losers last night. It had a good ending after all. The "surprise twist" at the end, if it can really be called a surprise twist, was not all that surprising. However, although I wasn't surprised to discover the true nature of one of the characters, I certainly not expecting the past and motivations that were revealed. I was about to say it tied up all the loose ends very nicely, but I've just realized it didn't. There's a lot of things that I feel have a great significance to the story, but I can't quite work out what they are. I always find symbolism interesting. I used to think that my english teachers were exaggerating, and really stretching it with some of their interpretations of symbolism. However, I've found myself incorporating complex symbolism when I write, so maybe its not so crazy after all.
Thats my flight. Later all.
19.10.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You wrote a blog entry! I did too! Read it...someday? Have so much fun hunting those elusive balloons!
Contact solution! You forgot it didn't you? I always forget it.
Post a Comment