12.10.06

Not a lot

I honestly don't think that a nine o clock class should be that hard to go to. And yet I find only a few weeks into school, that I have missed more classes than I've attended. Tuesday I overslept and missed classed. I decided that today, I was absolutely going. I was 15 minutes late. I feel awful, because the door is in the front of the room, and the front seats are always full, so you have to worm your way down the narrow little aisles full of people's arms and backpacks to the chairs at the back, and usually someone has crammed the seats back, so the last one can't even sit flat on the floor because there's not enough room. Yeah, I should pretty much just stop whining and get to class on time.

Last night I was playing a song from Matrix Revolutions, and my roommate told me it was creepy, and it sounded like someone was getting stabbed. We put something else on instead.

I'm sitting in the terrace right now. I always wondered what the motivation was to play the piano here. I mean, you're not getting paid, you're not getting applauded, most people aren't listening, but some of them are, and what if you screw up? Some of the people that play are really really good. I wonder if its an assigment from some music professor. Play whatever you've been working on in the terrace for at least 10 minutes before coming to the next class. What do you think would happen if they made a rule that you had to have three people to start a table? None of this one person at each table so everyone feels awkward stuff anymore. There must be a minimum of three people, or no one can sit there. Singles would be welcome to join another table already full of people. And if that table got too crowded, a group could always break off to go colonize another. Really, I think it could work. Of course, you'd also have a lot of angry couples then.

There's a commercial on TV for some product called HeadOn. I think its supposed to be some kind of pain killer, but it sure looks like a glue stick to me. A glue stick which you... apply to your forehead... yes.

I know I think about important issues all the time. And yet when I sit down to write something out, all that comes out is this random spew of ideas. I had a dream last night that had something to do with a secret society, and a collection of records that had to be kept and added to. There was a list of everywhere in the world that these records were located, and who was keeping them. It was all very frightening though. We were so afraid of being found out. Someday I'm going to investigate dream interpretation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay that Matrix comment really made me laugh. I think I'm gonna go listen to that song Jules sent me again.

jules said...

Whoa, I got all excited when you started talking about the three to a table idea. I would vote for that.

What would be super cool is if we had to pretend that the carpet was lava. Then you'd have to jump from table to table. And there would be at least three of you in each 'colony' group so you could build like a human bridge. You'd have to work together if you wanted to survive.

Unknown said...

Well, I'm glad my ridiculous comment is there for all the world to see. Aubrey and I sat at this tiny table in the pendulum court with two strangers. It was very awkward trying to pretend they weren't there so we could talk. Maybe some people don't want to be social, huh Jen? what they should do is have a lot of little tables instead of so many big ones being wasted by one person-groups.