I've had it suggested to me that going somewhere else that takes you away from the comforts and familiarity of your regular life helps you find out who you are. I've never actually tried it, but it makes a lot of sense to me.
In the same conversation: "Know thyself" and "Knowledge is power". People who know themselves have power. And it's true. Knowing who you are brings a level of confidence that is hard to pretend to. I'm sure you all know people who have that kind of confidence. It's staggering, and if you're on the outside, makes you a little envious. I'm having some difficulty speaking today, so you may have to puzzle the rest of it out for yourself.
7.9.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"knowledge is power" is one of my favorite sayings, and I really like that spin on it. It's something I'll have to think about. And what is up with that title?
Post a Comment