30.8.08

I blog in Trebuchet

What makes a movie memorable? I watch plenty of movies that I think "Hey, that was a really good movie." But I don't buy it, or bother to keep it around. I only keep a handful of movies, and I'm not sure I could tell you what it is about them that makes me keep them. For instance, I've several times been on the verge of deleting Blood and Chocolate, but still haven't, and in fact I watched it again today. I've also kept Memoirs of a Geisha, though thus far I've only watched it once. Is there some kind of similarity between these movies? I'll have to think about it.

I was pleasantly surprised by Kung Fu Panda. Despite Jack Black having a hand in it, it was fun.

Despite the fact that computer science actually has nothing to do with the practical side of computers and networking, I seem to be something of a go to person in my family when it comes to computers. I do my best. Today I completely destroyed our internet network, and then put it back together. I was proud of myself. But despite my best efforts, I can get every computer except my mother's laptop to join the network, share files, and find the printer. Unfortunately, my mother is the one who specifically wants to be able to do that. Darn you, Windows.

Historically, puns have been considered a lower form of literary humor. And yet, as was recently pointed out to me, puns require a greater knowledge and understanding of the language than most forms of literary humor. Or at least a better vocabulary.

No comments: