I always laugh when life comes in clusters. This most recent cluster has been technology. Last week I bought a digital camera. Today I bought a new laptop battery (mine is down to a pitiful half hour) and an external hard drive (mostly for the pictures I will take with the camera). Tomorrow I will be buying a new phone. And soon I must purchase a webcam. It's a technological overload.
I'm not sure why it is, but for some reason, it seems easier to talk to someone when you actually go somewhere and then talk over ice cream or something. It's really hard to just sit down and say, lets have a conversation, and then actually have one. It seems to take a lot of the pressure off when you have something else to pretend to be doing.
I've found a couple of candidates for nearly perfect weather. The only problem seems to be that I prefer actual rain to drizzle. And heat seems to be a key component to thunderstorms. Like so many other things in life, you can't just have the good. You also have to have the icky, nasty, unfortunate part.
Sometimes I seem to be a conflicted person. I like science and the arts. I rely alternatively on logic and emotion. I love people, and hate them. I'm simultaneously artistic and realistic. Sometimes I want to go out to succeed and achieve great things, and sometimes I think I'd be happy just living very simply. This is probably why I can't figure out what I want to do. Maybe I should take up all that zen meditation stuff and see if I can't find peace and unity in my soul.
18.8.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wait, where did the smurfs come in?
I think I'm going to try that next time--ask someone to have a convo with me.
I gave two girls on the side of Center Street $20 the other day. Don't know what I'm doing anymore.
Post a Comment