29.8.08

Second Life

I've been having the most fascinating dreams recently. I don't normally remember very much of my dreams, probably because I'm almost constantly sleep deprived, and usually waking up brings so many other thoughts that I forget to remember my dreams. But the past few nights I've got 9-11 hours of sleep, and I started keeping something of a dream diary again. Consequently, I remember quite a bit of my Batman-Joker-Zombie dream. Also, ninjas at the Marriot Center. Not much in the way of lucid dreaming yet (though I was about to walk through a wall at one point) but I'm hoping that if I keep up with writing in my dream journal, I'll start remembering dreams more consistently. That's the first step to lucidity.

I was watching a show last night called Waking Life that said that after all your bodily functions quit, well, functioning, you still have about 10 minutes of brain activity left. And considering that one second of real life can translate to long complex sequences in dream time, yes, you could potentially watch your whole life before your eyes before you die. Or even dream an entire second life before you die. It's kind of an odd thought.

An amusing poem about dating etiquette.

No comments: