A quality song by JEW (aka: Jimmy Eat World). In other news, check out Casaltar, because I really like this poem.
My roommate's candle just exploded. I didn't even know candles could explode. It was actually pretty fantastic. It did quite a nice job of spreading little wax crystals and larger wax drops over my desk. I'm happy to say that I'll be smelling cherry blossoms for a good long time.
It's Thanksgiving this week and I'm going home Tuesday night. I just found someone to drive me, so I'm quite happy. I just saved myself 30 odd bucks! Although I'll probably chip in for gas or something. And I guess I still need to find a way home from the airport when I get back... maybe I'd better work on that...
Why does chocolate have to taste so good?
It would seem that when it comes to food, I'm just destined to be in opposition to the normal flow of things. While the rest of the world likes light meat on their poultry, I like dark. I put cranberries on my turkey sandwiches and eat cheese with my grapes. I dip my strawberries in brown sugar. I put cream cheese on my pumpkin bread, cottage cheese with apple sauce, and sour cream on strawberry jello salad. I offer no apologies. You all have no idea what you're missing.
I realized recently that I have great difficulty in holding on to most emotions. No matter how hard I try, they all just slip away. Happiness, anxiety, anger, confidence, stress, humor, motivation, gloom, irritation, none of them last for very long. Its awful to be so incredibly happy about something that's happened, and then to feel myself start slipping downward. And of course, the simple act of realizing I'm losing that happiness just makes me fall faster. It's nice for things like anger and irritation, because I don't usually stay mad at people for very long. I do wish my motivation would last longer. I can't even begin to tell you all the times I've been totally psyched up to do my homework or a project, of an activity, and then in the time between deciding to do it and actually doing it, all my motivation just seeps away. In fact, the only things that seem to hang around for any length of time are guilt and fear. Yeah, go figure. 'Cause we all want a little more of those in our lives.
It's true. I love video games.
It's funny how things can both excite and frighten you. Like when you're about to go to an opening social, and you have so many hopes to meet new people and make friends, but at the same time you're terrified, because what if you chicken out, or nobody likes you, and you end up standing silently against the wall, sipping your drink and trying not to look too pathetic until you can make an escape. In about 5 months my older brother gets back from his mission, and he's coming up to school for Spring term. To say I'm forward to it would do it a horrible injustice. I'm wildly excited, I'm fighting to keep both feet on the ground and afraid I'll start bouncing off the walls. But see, I love my brother. I think he's an incredibly cool guy, and I want other people to see how cool he is and like him too. But what if he doesn't get along with my friends? I'll have to split my time between yet another person. There's only one solution to this problem. My friends all have to like him. Its not even an option anymore.
As convenient as it would be for us to all be colorblind, I'm really glad we're not. Color is one of my absolute favorite parts of this world.
19.11.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE COLOR!!! But maybe you missed that during my color dialogue today. I still don't know why the candle exploded. Maybe it was excited about something?
Sour cream on strawberry jello salad? That's probably the worst of your food choices.
Who are you riding home with? Did you go to the Ride Board in the Wilk? That would be fun to meet a new stranger.
Post a Comment