Check it.
I keep dreaming lately that my brother has gotten back from his mission. Except for it doesn't seem to work quite right... like one dream, my family kept forgetting that he was back, so we'd forget to tell him we were going to go do something. And then at some point during the dream, I realized it was November, and he doesn't get home till April. It was also at my grandmother's house, but that was just odd.
I am really glad I don't have to be a child working in the progressive era.
I wasn't feeling well last night, so I went to bed early and didn't set an alarm. I slept straight for 11 hours. I actually had a dream about my mother waking me up at 7 in the morning, and when I found out how early it was I went back to bed. Some of you are probably laughing at me, but yes, 7 is too early for me without a very good reason. Also, I think thats the first time I can remember going to bed in a dream. But still, it kind of worries me that I could sleep that long when I didn't even think I was that tired. Its also kind of funny, because when I first moved into my apartment at the beginning of the semester, I routinely woke up at 7 from the light coming in the window, and now I just sleep right through it.
I think my brain is on strike today. Too bad I don't have a police squad to send out to try and "convince" them to change their minds. Its mind. Itself?
Its the end of American Heritage, or very nearly, and a ripple is running through the back of the room. Pens click, binders close, bags zip, and all the people sleeping miraculously wake up. Students seem to have a 6th sense when it comes to waking up in time for the last 30 seconds of an unpopular class. After 13+ years of school, we've made an art out of learning to read the inflection in a professor's voice that says, I'm winding up for the day. Now if only I could put so much interest and precision into other areas of my life.
The hardest part of writing is starting. Sometimes I sit down to write because I have a good idea, and sometimes I sit down because I want to write, and then I realize all my ideas are crappy. But if I can just pursue some sort of idea, even if its not any good, better ideas will usually come.
I'm actually excited to do my homework today. Yeah. I know. Somebody freakin pinch me.
15.11.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"I am really glad I don't have to be a child working in the progressive era." That is my favorite part of your post today.
Hmm, yes, writing can be very hard to do at times. I either seem to have some idea that I go crazy with for an entire weekend, or I'm in the middle of writer's block for weeks at a time.
You're excited to do homework? Maybe you're sick again. Definitely need some sugar, because sugar is good for you, right?
Post a Comment