I have no idea why I live in Utah, because I am frickin freezing.
Yesterday I managed to get papercuts on both wrists simultaneously. No, I do not have a death wish. And yes, I am just that talented.
Pain is only a sensation, something your brain perceives. Even though you feel it in different parts of your body, it's really just your brain telling you that it hurts. Its all in your head. Pain can be ignored. Pain can be endured. Pain can be acknowledged and brushed to the side of your consciousness. However, in the opinion of most people, if pain can be removed, why endure it? We have all sorts of pills and shots, all sorts of drugs designed to alleviate pain. Sure, you could keep going, but why would you want to be continually rubbing your skin raw or trying to think through the pounding in your head? On the other hand, you can't just go around popping pills willy nilly. The more you take, the more your tolerance increases, and it becomes harder and harder to get rid of the pain in the future. Personally, I think its better to deal with the pain as long as its not severe and not interfereing with your life. Frequently what we think of as "pain" is really more of an irritant. It is irritating and unpleasant, but not actually painful. but if you can keep your tolerance down, then when something actually painful happens along the painkillers will still be effective. But in all fairness, I take a lot of stuff for headaches.
I'm far too distractable. I have so much crud to do, and instead I'm blogging, checking email, and reading about cloaking devices. Invisibilty would be cool, but I don't think I'd choose it over something like, say, flying. Or having premonitions could be useful. "I better take a change of clothes today because my coworker will probably spill coffee on me half way through the meeting today" or maybe "the teacher probably won't take attendance today, so I'm just going to sleep in." And then again, I wouldn't be opposed to extreme luck. If only I knew that everything I tried would succeed beautifully, that I'd be a millionaire by 30, and everyday I'd wake up thinking, how could life possibly get any more perfect.
Don't let me complain too much. Most days, I rather like my life.
28.11.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha, guess what? I just finished the sixth "Harry Potter" book. I'm a little behind. You just reminded me with talk of cloaking devices. I've been doing research of my own--last night I found a website that tells you all sorts of drug-free ways to induce a lucid dream. *Sigh*
So...apparently I was already logged into blogger in the LRC, even though yours is my first blog visit today...weird. Maybe my gmail logged me in or something. Anyway, I'd like to have the premonition gift. Or perhpaps flying. Though teleporting would be nice too....but if we had all these nice things, we'd probably have to join the army or something because we were just so darn special. Dang it!
Post a Comment