The Emperor's New Groove, in addition to being a quality animated film and highly amusing, is no longer new. I guess if I'd really sat down and thought about it, I would have realized it, but I still classify it as being recent. I watched a lot of Disney as a child. In my mind, there are two distinct categories. The older, firmly-established, traditional set, and the newer group. On the one hand you have such classics as The Little Mermaid, The Sword in the Stone, and The Lion King, and on the other you have The Emperor's New Groove, Mulan, and Lilo and Stitch. I guess that sort of leaves Pocahontas floating in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately, I'm gradually realizing that what I categorize as "recent" are anywhere from '04 back to '98. Before some of you freak out completely, I'm done talking about Disney movies you may never have actually watched.
I'm living in a perpetual time warp and for those of you who might be disillusioned, its not actually the 21st century yet.
From now on speling shuld be fonetik. Wuldnt life be so much easier without all the useles duble leters and duble vowls? Also the extraneous konsonants. And that hole hard-soft C thing is totaly overated. I ges its not that diferent. Perhaps it depends on the werd. And non of our vowls sound the same. Taek the werd "banana". Banana banana banana. Theres like three diferent "a" sounds in banana.
Existentialism on Prom Night -- Straylight Run. I just like the way it sounds.
19.12.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was thinking "The Emperor's New Groove" was a new movie too....hmmm. I tend to stick Mulan and Pocahontas in a sort of "middle" category. I remember seeing the Lion King in the theatre when I was little!
Post a Comment