I don't know what people are thinking when they say the shopping rush only lasts until you make your purchase. I find that in general, if I've made a good purchase, I'm happier after I've made my purchase. Before, there's all that stress of do I really want it and what's the right size and what color to I want and oh gosh, how much does it cost. Once you decide you really want it, and you buy it, then you just get to enjoy it.
I find that once you're in an established habit, it's hard to change. This can be anything from when you go to bed to how much chocolate you eat to your method of making friends. In the case of clothing style, it's hard to just suddenly show up in something else, because it throws people off. They're used to seeing you dress a certain way, and seem to associate it with your personality (thus why when girls are out shopping, and one girl turns to another and asks her opinion on an item, the other can respond, "Yeah, that really looks like something you'd wear. It matches your personality.") There's also the fear that if you branch out to much, you might just end up making yourself look ridiculous in the eyes of your companions. However, I'm rather of the opinion that it's fun to change it up. There are different sides to my personality, I ought to be able to be them all. Plus, it's fun. I've been very pleased with my recent purchases.
I know what the Union Jack is, which, I'm pleased to say, puts me ahead of most American tourists in London.
25.11.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I suppose that people tend to conform to...themselves. Dressing different ways is fun, though I find it difficult.
Post a Comment