25.10.08

My problems today

Sometimes I feel guilty about not liking someone, and I think if I tried, I could learn to look past whatever they do that annoys me. The problem is, I don't want to like them. Horrible of me, I know, but that's how it goes.

I've never really felt attached to a location. As a kid, my family moved several time, and by age 18 I'd lived in 5 different states. But unfortunately, I think I was born in the wrong region of the world. I love green. Trees, grass, flowers, lakes, rivers, hills, rain, wind. I hate heat. And I grew up in in the midwest to southwest U.S. Plenty of deserts and an overabundance of brown and sun. I always dislike the question 'if you could live anywhere in the world where would it be' because I never knew. But after visiting a few places that I connect more with, I can see how people might get quite attached to a location. Edinburgh, Scotland, for example, is wet, windy, and cold. But it's beautiful, and it has a life of it's own. I wouldn't mind putting up with the drawbacks to feel that spirit. I've decided that the reason I grew up in such disagreeable places is so I would appreciate beautiful places when I saw them.

I have a rather perverse problem with spending money. Most of the time, I'm very careful about being conservative, but then sometimes I just loosen up all of a sudden and start spending all over the places. It's really quite a problem. However, I have gotten some exciting things out of it. Like my hoodie, rings, and orange sidebag.

There are many different forms of writing to feel inspired to do. Today, apparently, is not a blog day. It may actually be a poetry editing day, but unfortunatley, I need it to be an essay writing day.

No comments: