17.10.08

A late night reflection

I've decided that it's okay to be alone as long as you're happy. It's when you're unhappy that you really realize how hard it is not to have someone to lean on and rely on.

It's strange that even in a group of people that to an outsider would look so similar, there are so many differences. Even among people with the same religious views, the same cultural values, seeking a similar education, and at the same point in life, there are definite differences. Truly, we are all unique individuals. Some of them I get along with, and others I don't. I am often surprised at how different from me someone who is supposedly so similar can be. How do you define or classify a human being? We are so much more than could ever be recorded on paper.

As much as I have considered sleep fairly expendable in the past, I'm slowly beginning to realize just how much of a role it can play in physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Perhaps I ought to learn to accord it a more important place in my priorities.

No comments: