Hello world. I am stuck at the airport. Our airplane has yet to show up from the hanger, and I was supposed to land half an hour ago. There is a very yappy dog going through security and apparently yappy isn't even a word.
Also, I just discovered that my email has been putting important replies into my spam box instead of my inbox for almost a month now. All those companies who never responded to my job applications... well, some of them actually did. A month ago.
On the plus side, the web company who talked to me about doing freelance work has found something for me to do! They may pay me up to $250, which would be pretty flippin fantastic. And hopefully, they'll like my work and contact me again :) It's a little intimidating, because I'm really pretty new to the whole editing thing, and I've never written content for web pages, and I don't know anything about debt solution (which is what the content I'm revising is about) and I don't know much about writing for advertising or sales. So I'm sure there will be a bit of a learning curve involved. But if it worked out, it'd be great. Occasional part time work that I can do on my own time from home!
There's a whole slew of little Jewish folks running around with yarmulkes. Incidentally, why is it pronounced yah-muh-kuh? That definitely isn't how it's spelled.
About a week ago I was sitting in a meeting and I started thinking about baking bread in space. See, gravity is really a pain for bread making. Trying to get it to rise is fighting against gravity. And even when it does rise, it's always denser on the bottom than the top. In fact, I often get huge puffy pockets of air right under the upper crust of my loaves, while near the bottom looks almost solid (while, not entirely, it's more like pumice...) If I were to make space bread, I would make a big oven with heated rods. Then, I would glob the bread dough around the rod (in zero gravity, I imagine it'd stay right where I left it without trying to hang down or fall off) then I would heat the rods and the oven just a little, to help the bread rise. Rise perfectly, in all directions! And then since they're already in the oven I would just bake them like that. Perfect, round globes of fluffy bread.
I'm planning to post poetry for a bit
28.4.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, you sure had a lot of time on your hands to think the bread thing out. And it's awesome that you used the word "slew"!
Yeah. Okay. You need to blog.
:)
Post a Comment