16.8.09

In case we haven't spoken...

It's been a really long time since I blogged. In fact, it's the longest I've ever gone since I started blogging. Mostly I just kept feeling like I didn't really have anything astounding to put up. Not that my previous writings were generally astounding to anyone but me... but still.

Life has changed a lot in the last 8 months. All those graduation fears are over. I've graduated. And I have a future. True, that future involves staying in the exact same place for the next few years as I pursue a graduate degree, but it took a lot of work and decision making to get there.

I've also been able to overcome my life roadblock of boy problems. Or at least one of them. I sort of felt like in that avenue, I'd been stuck for quite some time at the point of "I can date, but none of the guys I want to date want to date me." Well, I no longer have that problem at least. But I certainly have other boy problems instead. Dating is hard. I don't expect marriage to be any easier. Life is full of challenges that way.

But I have a car! Which was quite a wrench on my savings account. And will continue to be, as I don't currently have much in the way of income. However, after 4 years of bumming rides off friends/neighbors/random people in my complex, it will be nice to be able to go places myself, rather than buying a months worth of groceries at a time.

I also finally got a new computer. After using my old, well-beloved but very broken laptop for 8 months, expecting everyday for it to just kaput. It's still going though. My little brother has it now and apparently has found some sort of use for it's old, slow, over-heated self. My new computer is quite pretty though. Yay!

No comments: