31.1.07

Perspective

My newest acquaintance who does not exist in the corporeal plane has a name we might spell similar to Reannold Reannannagan, although this can't be right as he explicitly told me his name is spelled with 16 'n's. Reannold and I had quite a nice conversation as we sat together filling out paperwork. It was only our second time meeting, but he's a very amiable chap. He's quite well thought of, you know.

Life falls in marvelous cycles. Today I am floating. Observe the beautiful full circle effect, the wonderful sense of wholeness and completion. I am also coughing. This has yet to be cyclical.
Q: One last question before we let you become a citizen. Do you advocate the overthrow of this country through force, violence, or subversion?

A: Ummm... violence?
Television can be so abrasive, with the cheesy lines, the scripted pauses, and the disembodied laughter that pervades the entire show. Even when I'm not watching the show, the sounds follow me through the house. It's like having a flock of crows perched on a tree outside my window. Unfortunately, I can't throw stones at my roommate.

Last night, for the first time, it felt like a compulsion instead of a choice. I think my problem came because I didn't discover it for myself, my friend did and drew my attention to it. Of course, she told me to make a wish. But I only wish on stars. And then only on special occasions. And certainly not on fortune cookies. Maybe it's time to rethink my life. I didn't even want to listen to the song.

[This paragraph has been deleted because it was ridiculous and I like eating food]

No comments: