The first ingredient in Froot Loops cereal is sugar. Does anyone else realize how incredibly disgusting that is?
Today I spent over 2 1/2 hours traversing the English Department trying to figure out what I need to graduate, and what my best options are for post-graduation. I thought I was really getting close to graduation, but now I'm not so sure. Everyone I talk to seems to have another class that I just have to take before I graduate. I mean, they all sound great. It's just that now that I've decided I'm actually going to graduate, I'm kind of getting impatient with it all. It's like I'm getting senioritis for the first time in my life. Which isn't such a good thing, because I've got a while left yet. And then there's the question of whether or not I'd want to go to grad school or not. Right now, I'd kind of just like to go get a job or an internship out east after I graduate. That sounds pretty fantastic to me.
But there are the ever present, inescapable fears of, is this really what I want to do? After I graduate, I can't just go change my major again. I love English, which is why I'm majoring in it, but I love a lot of things, and I've always questioned and waffled on what to do with my life. And if I decide this wasn't really what I wanted to do, I have to mess with reapplying to a school and taking more classes. Which I guess wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would certainly be a pain. And as much as I love being a student and learning, I believe there are other things to do with life.
My old poetry teacher was actually the only one who was actually happy to see me. She would fully advocate me getting an MFA in creative writing, focusing on poetry. She told me I had a different style, or something like that, and if I kept going I could do something. I don't know about that, but it did make me happy. And on that note.
28.7.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment